As we all come to grips with what seems to have become the “new normal”, at least for the time being, we wanted to answer some of your Frequently Asked Questions about the Studio and how some of our services will operate over the next few weeks.
Where can I find information on Covid-19?
The Department of Health has a number of channels where up-to-date information can be obtained:
- The official Covid-19 website for the Republic of South Africa can be found at https://sacoronavirus.co.za/
- The government has also set up a special WhatsApp hotline to assist with the dissemination of information. Simply add the number 0600-123456 to your contacts and send a WhatsApp message to the service saying “Hi”. You will receive a message with various menu options so that you can get the most recent information on restrictions, testing protocols and infection numbers
How can I contact the Studio?
Although our premises will be vacated for the time-being, meaning that the telephones will not be consistently manned, there are a number of ways you can contact the Studio if you require information or assistance:
How can I pay my account?
We have 2 really easy ways to pay your account:
- Register on our website to make use of our secure payment facility
- Click here for detailed instructions on how to register on our website and link your accounts to your online profile. You will be able to see all of your accounts in one place and know exactly how much is due
- You can also access the Account Payment page directly without linking your accounts to your profile – https://thebeat.co.za/product/account-payment/ . You will need to have your “Student ID” (account number) handy so that the payment can be allocated to the correct account
- All transactions are processed off-site by our secure payment provider, Netcash, ensuring that your personal details are always kept safe
- Multiple payment options are provided by the service, including:
- Instant EFT (powered by Ozow)
- Bank EFT
- Visa Checkout
- Cash payments at various retails stores that support S-Code payments
- For direct EFT payments, please use the following bank details:
- Standard Bank Cheque Acc. 011710365
- Lyttelton Branch (010945)
For all payments, please use your Student ID as a payment reference so that payments can be correctly allocated to your account.
When will the Studio re-open?
The Studio will, at this stage, remain closed until government restrictions are lifted on the specific activities carried out at the Studio. However, as the situation develops, we will base any future decisions on guidance received from the government, as well as any legal restrictions that may be implemented. We will communicate any changes to you as soon as we know!